Shure MV88+ Video Kit
The Shure MOTIV MV88+ Video Kit aims at taking video-making on your iOS or Android phone to the next level, with a host of powerful features not commonly found on similar mobile microphones. The kit is centered around the MV88+ microphone, specifically engineered to deliver Shure's broadcast-quality sound to your phone, and adds all the accessories needed to create a portable and versatile audio/video rig that is self-contained and easy to use. Whether reporting from the field, streaming on Facebook Live, shooting a documentary, recording your vlog, or capturing a musical performance, the kit delivers great-sounding video wherever the action is.
The MV88+ Video Kit works in tandem with the free ShurePlus MOTIV audio/video apps, but is also compatible with Filmic Pro, the go-to app for filmmakers. The MOTIV app give you real-time control over the mic, with powerful digital processing and variable pick up patterns, so you can achieve the best possible sound for the situation, even in challenging environments. It all packs up neatly into a roll-up bag that safely keeps your accessories in one place, so nothing gets lost.
- Great-Sounding Video Right Out of The Box
- The kit comes complete with all you need to capture great-sounding content on your smartphone right out of the box, with high-resolution stereo recording at up to 24-bit/48 kHz. Your MV88+ mic slides snugly into the versatile mic clip, allowing you to mount it on your phone using the phone clamp. The clamp adjusts to fit any size smartphone you can even leave the case on.
- Attach the industry-leading Manfrotto PIXI mini tripod to the clamp, position your phone, and get the shot you want. The versatile tripod can be placed on a desktop or folded into a grip for handheld work. To connect and power the mic, use either the included 15" Lightning or USB Type-C cable with your iOS or Android phone.
- The mic's built-in headphone output lets you properly monitor your sound in real time so you can always know what you're recording and be sure your video sounds great. Slip the windscreen over the mic to reduce wind noise, and you're ready to fire up the MOTIV app.
- App for Better Sound in Any Situation
- The ShurePlus MOTIV app for iOS and Android phones is an integral part of your kit. It controls the mic and audio settings, and functions as a full-featured audio/video recorder. Unlike your phone's built-in mono mic, the MV88+ can be configured with different settings to optimize your sound according to your recording situation.
- The mono cardioid setting, for example, is a smart choice for an interview focused on a single subject. For a two-person interview, the mono bidirectional setting might yield better results. The stereo settings offer pick up patterns with variable width, great for recording musical performances or environmental sounds for video B-roll. The raw mid-side setting lets you capture dramatic stereo imaging, which you can adjust later in post-production.
- The app also offers digital signal processing (DSP) with presets to get you started quickly. Included is a limiter to avoid overloading the input, a compressor to help level out volume differences, and an EQ/filter to tame problem frequencies and reduce low-end rumbles.
- The MV88+ microphone isn't limited to smartphone use. Once configured, it can also work with a Mac or Windows computer or an iPad Pro, operating with device-dependent gain control options and the last settings made on the app.
- The app lets you capture your audio and video in multiple formats, edit it, and share your creations via email, text, iTunes, AirDrop, and Dropbox. You can also choose to live stream right from your phone and share your video in real time with your online audience.
- Elegant Yet Rugged
- The MV88+ Video Kit provides mobile journalists and documentary makers with a compact, sturdy rig that projects professionalism wherever you take it.
- With a protective foam windscreen and an all-metal body, the microphone is designed to hold up to the rigors of field work and deliver reliable, pristine sound every time.
- The ultra-light Manfrotto mini tripod with its smooth, black finish looks great when placed on a desk and feels comfortable when held in your hand as a grip.
- The rugged phone clamp is equipped with a tight-locking mechanism and rubber bumpers, ensuring that your phone remains securely in place, even in run & gun situations.
- Freedom of Placement for the Sound You Need
- The MV88+ Video Kit offers a range of set up configurations for a variety of applications. When self-recording and live streaming, press the quick-adjust red button on the tripod to release the ball head and position your phone and MV88+ mic in a widescreen orientation on a desktop. For videography work, simply pivot the mic to the other direction, so it faces the talent.
- For handheld work, including audio-only applications, the PIXI tripod legs fold to form a grip that lets you move around with your phone and follow the talent in the field. This gives you the freedom to bring your mic close to the subject and capture clear-sounding interviews or wide stereo ambience.
- Alternatively, videographers can mount the kit on any large tripod using the 1/4"-20 thread on the phone clamp.
- Get the Most Out of Your Kit
- To quickly and efficiently reduce wind noise on outdoor shoots, a furry windjammer is an essential add-on that will greatly improve your sound.
- It's usually a good idea to place your mic as close as you can to the person speaking. If the included cables aren't long enough, you can pick up a longer lightning or USB cable, depending on your phone.
- iOS users can charge the phone while using the microphone an additional USB Type-A cable and a Lightning to USB camera adapter are required.
- You can record to the analog line input of an audio recording device using the mic's headphone output an additional USB power supply is required to power the mic.
- Other Key Features
- Microphone is immune to radio interference and GSM buzz from phones.
- Adjustable stereo width: 60, 75, 90, 105, 120, 135°.
- Monitor Mix function for headphone output lets you blend between live monitoring and phone playback.
- Apple MFi (Made for iPhone/iPod/iPad) Certified for direct connection to any iOS device without the need for any additional adapters or connection kits.
Be the first to review this product.