KATANA 50 watt Combo Amp
CRAFTED TONES, FORGED FOR ROCK
With 50 watts of power and a custom 12-inch speaker, the Katana-50 delivers a commanding range of gig-worthy tones that gracefully slice through any band scenario. The amp also excels for home playing, with a uniquely efficient design and innovative Power Control that provides inspiring sound and response at low volumes. In addition, the Katana-100 includes integrated access to a huge range of BOSS effects, which are customizable using the free BOSS Tone Studio editor software. And with the amp’s powerful Tone Setting memories, you can store your favorite amp channel setups and effects combinations for instant recall.
Katana Version 4: New Effects and Katana MkII Expansion Support
The Katana Version 4 update brings original Katana owners some great new features derived from the next-generation Katana MkII series. Heavy Octave, Stereo Delay, and Pan Delay effects have been added, along with a dedicated Pedal FX section that makes it easier to set up foot-controlled wah and pedal bend. In addition, a first-generation 50-watt Katana model can now be used as a slave amp with the Katana MkII’s powerful Stereo Expand feature, allowing you to create wide, expansive tones with stereo-compatible effects distributed across both amps.
- Stage-ready 50-watt combo amp with a custom 12-inch speaker
- Five unique amp characters: Clean, Crunch, Lead, Brown (derived from the Waza amp), and Acoustic (for acoustic-electric guitars)
- Choose from a huge selection of customizable effects and effect routing configurations with the BOSS Tone Studio editor software
- Dedicated gain, EQ, presence, and effects controls for adjusting sounds quickly
- Eight Tone Setting memories for storing and recalling all amp and effect settings
- Power Control for achieving cranked-amp tone and dynamic response at low volumes
- Three Cabinet Resonance types for fine-tuning the tone and feel
- Mic’d cabinet emulation on the line, USB, and phones/recording outputs, with customizable tone via three Air Feel settings
- Channel and global parametric EQs for refined sound shaping
- Built-in tilt stand for optimal monitoring and sound projection
- Pro setups available at BOSS Tone Central
Katana Version 4 Newly Added Features
- Effects expanded to 65 total types; Heavy Octave, Stereo Delay, and Pan Delay added
- New Pedal FX section makes it easier to set up foot-controlled wah and pedal bend effects in BOSS Tone Studio
- Dedicated mode for using a 100-watt Katana model as a slave amp for the Katana MkII’s Stereo Expand feature
The Katana-50 features line, USB, and phones/recording outputs with mic’d cabinet emulation, allowing you to send mix-ready amp tones to a PA system, computer DAW, or headphones. Connecting to BOSS Tone Studio provides access to three different Air Feel settings, letting you shape the tonal character of the direct sound to suit any performance scenario. The Version 3 update further enhances the direct USB capabilities, offering true stereo sound with many of the Katana’s modulation, EQ, delay, and reverb effects, including the newly added DC-30 Analog Chorus-Echo.
Newly added with Version 3 are the Roland DC-30 Analog Chorus-Echo, BOSS GE-10 Graphic Equalizer, and 95E pedal wah effects types. These classics work great with any Katana amp character, but really dish up some special tonal magic when used in combination with the Brown character’s harmonically rich voice. The update also provides the ability to assign favorite parameters to the front-panel effects knobs, giving you greater flexibility for shaping your own unique effects tones on the fly. Additionally, you’re now able to control specific effects parameters from up to three expression pedals (connected via the rear panel and GA-FC foot controller), unlocking a new range of real-time command while performing.
Be the first to review this product.