Boss RC505 MKII Loop Station
Looping Magic at Your Fingertips
Packed with inspiring tools for on-the-spot music creation, the RC-505mkII brings next-generation power and flexibility to the world’s most popular tabletop looper. Elevate your performances with five stereo tracks and four simultaneous Input FX and Track FX, and soar even further with customizable buttons, expanded I/O, increased mixing control, and other enhancements requested by long-time RC-505 users. Built for free-flowing expression on stage and in the studio, the RC-505mkII is a dream machine for beatboxers, vocalists, multi-instrumentalists, and other fearless looping artists.
- The industry-standard tabletop looper, updated and enhanced
- Class-leading sound quality with 32-bit AD/DA and 32-bit floating-point processing
- Five simultaneous stereo phrase tracks with dedicated controls and independent volume faders
- Input FX and Track FX sections, each with four simultaneous effects and four quick-access banks
- Customizable FX and Track buttons for each phrase track
- Massive onboard effects selection with 49 Input FX types and 53 Track FX types, including new Harmony, Electric FX, and many others
- New ultra-durable faders with longer throw for more precise adjustment
- Newly added Mark Back function provides enhanced undo/redo flexibility while performing
- Two XLR mic inputs with phantom power, two stereo line input pairs, and three stereo line output pairs
- 99 memories, each containing five phrase tracks, custom effects and playback settings, control assignments, and more
- Synchronize your loops with over 200 onboard rhythm patterns and 16 drum kits
- Deep MIDI control support
- Two external control jacks, each with support for up to two footswitches or an expression pedal
- USB for data backup, phrase import/export with BOSS Tone Studio, and pattern import with the RC Rhythm Converter
More to Love
The RC‐505mkII retains everything that made the original so loved and adds a wealth of new features to make the looping experience even more creative and free flowing. The faders provide longer throw for finer adjustments, and they also have a more solid feel under the fingers. And each track now has dedicated FX and Track buttons, making it easier to color and control your loops in the heat of the moment. Undo/redo has also been enhanced with a Mark Back function that lets you instantly jump back to a previous loop state while performing.
Customize Your Workflow
While the original RC‐505 was very customizable, the RC‐505mkII takes things to the next level with a vast range of userconfigurable controls. You can assign various CTL parameters to the FX and Track buttons and trigger them with a press, hold, or double‐click. Pressing the Undo/Redo button reveals a secondary layer, doubling your options. Two external control jacks are also available for connecting footswitches or expression pedals, and each has its own dedicated set of parameters. Crave even more? Then tap into the Assign screens to set up 16 different targets for hardware control and MIDI operation.
More Sonic Colors for Inspired Looping
Sonic variations help make loop performances more compelling, and the RC‐505mkII provides a greatly expanded FX palette to color your sounds during recording and playback. There are 49 Input FX and 53 Track FX types to choose from including powerful new vocal harmony effects and you can use up to four in each section at once. Going further, groups of four Input FX and Track FX can be stored in four banks for quick recall, along with toggle or momentary button settings for each type. A step sequence function is also available in some FX to automate parameter changes for dynamic real‐time movement.
Connect and Mix
With the RC‐505mkII’s expanded connectivity and onboard audio processing, you can do more with less external gear. You have two XLR inputs for mics and two mono/stereo line input pairs for instruments and other devices, plus an input mixer with two mic compressors and independent EQs for all channels. Three stereo output pairs and an output mixer are also available, complete with assignable routing options and master reverb and compressor effects. It’s even possible to customize the headphones output to monitor individual tracks and rhythm sounds. And via USB, you can integrate with computer DAWs and use BOSS Tone Studio to import/export WAV loops.
To meet the unique workflow needs of different performers, the RC‐505mkII offers many new creative details inspired by longtime Loop Station users. Three different overdub modes are available including one that lets you replace the current sound in a loop track while it’s playing plus a new Bounce In function for capturing multiple tracks into one. Half and double speed options are also on hand, and you can freely change the overall playback speed with or without pitch change. Additionally, it’s now possible to assign the Auto Rec function to a panel button or footswitch for quick activation whenever you need it.
Be the first to review this product.