Shure KSM8 Dualdyne Dynamic Handheld Vocal Microphone
If you love the legendary microphones from SHURE like Big Dudes Music City then check out their latest pro series KSM8. Achieving the sound quality demanded by elite performers and venues no longer requires sacrificing the rugged reliability of a dynamic microphone. The KSM8 Dualdyne features a patented cartridge design with two ultra-thin diaphragms and groundbreaking reverse airflow technology. Here are a few more of the technological advancements that make the KSM8 Dualdyne a game-changer in live sound:
1. UNMATCHED CONTROL OF PROXIMITY EFFECT MEANS A HUGE SWEET SPOT
2. ACCURATE, FLAT FREQUENCY RESPONSE GREATLY MINIMIZES THE NEED FOR EQ AND PROCESSING
3. TRUEST CARDIOID POLAR PATTERN AVAILABLE CONTROLS BLEED FOR A MORE NATURAL SOUND
Shure's first-ever dual-diaphragm dynamic handheld microphone, the KSM8 Dualdyne microphone breaks new ground in microphone design. The KSM8 was painstakingly crafted for the highest possible audio quality for live sound applications, and thanks to the Dualdyne dual-diaphragm cartridge found in this microphone, it has the purest cardioid polar pattern available in a Shure product. This means that the off-axis rejection on this microphone is incredibly smooth – even in high volume environments – so feedback is much less of a concern when using this mic. Plus, the Dualdyne cartridge all but eliminates proximity effect, so there's no need to worry about artificially boosted low-end frequency content coming through this microphone.
The Dualdyne cartridge features both active and passive diaphragms. The passive diaphragm is part of the cartridge's acoustic network to provide for the virtual elimination of proximity effect as mentioned above, as well as low-frequency handling noise. The patent pending Diaphragm Stabilization System (DSS) Technology protects and stabilizes the active diaphragm from unwanted excursion or rocking during plosives or impact to provide outstanding protection against high-frequency handling noise. This means that the Dualdyne cartridge is working twice as hard to provide the most accurate and neutral sound possible.
The KSM8 not only sounds great, but it has also been built to last for years and years. Shure put this microphone through the same rigorous testing and analysis as any of their other microphones, and because of the modern materials chosen and advancements in manufacturing processes, the KSM8 ranks above even the SM58 in durability and reliability.
Shure KSM8 Features:
- Patented cartridge design featuring two ultra-thin diaphragms (one active and one passive) and groundbreaking inverted airflow system
- Exceptional control of proximity effect vastly increases working distance without on-axis coloration
- Accurate frequency response due to controlled proximity effect which allows for neutral mid-and-high frequency reproduction, resulting in the most natural sounding dynamic microphone available from Shure
- Off-axis attenuation is flat and broad resutling insuperior quality of rejection of unwanted sound sources for increased vocal clarity
- Neodymium magnet resides in a micro-injection mold of aerospace SoftMag material that maximizes the magnetic field for maximum output level
- The Dualdyne cartridge re-imagines the longstanding Shure Pumping Pneumatic Shock Mount design with an elaborate mathematical architecture of tuned cavities, specific resistances, and precisely machined components that are fully integrated into the cartridge's acoustic properties, resulting in exceptional handling noise without any loss of low-frequency response
- Patent pending Diaphragm Stabilization System (DSS) Technology protects and stabilizes the active diaphragm from unwanted excursion or rocking during plosives or impact, providing substantial protection against high-frequency handling noise
- Cutting-edge cartridge manufacturing methods utilize ultra-sonic and internal laser welding to provide outstanding mechanical reliability
- Dent-resistant, hardened carbon-steel grille designlined with hyrdophobic woven fabric provides exceptional plosive and wind protection, while offering virtually waterproof protection
- Aluminum handle with black or brushed nickel finish
Shure KSM8 Specifications:
Cartridge Type: Dual-Diaphragm Dynamic (moving coil)
- Frequency Response: 40 Hz - 16 kHz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Output Impedance: 300 Ohms
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz, open circuit voltage: -51.5 dBV/Pa (1.85 mV)
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
- Net Weight: 11.64 oz (330 g)
- Connector: Three-pin professional audio (XLR), male
- Housing: Die-cast Aluminum with Black or Brushed Nickel Finish
For more details on Shure products contact us at 816-931-4638
Be the first to review this product.