Behringer XR16 16 Input Digital Mixer for iPad/Android Tablets
The BEHRINGER X32 completely changed the game by rethinking what is possible from a digital mixer – and over 100,000 users are enjoying the results. Now, that same incredible technology has been incorporated into a small, but incredibly powerful, rack-mountable mixer that will forever change both the way you record – and the way you play live music.
The revolutionary XR16 is a powerhouse 16 input portable/rack-mountable mixer for iPad and Android tablets, and is ideally suited for both live and studio applications, thanks to its 8 award-winning MIDAS-designed mic preamps, convenient integrated Wifi module for wireless control, plus USB connectivity for file storage, system updates and uncompressed stereo recordings via the USB Stereo Recorder. We’ve also included the rack ears and protective bumpers for added flexibility in your studio and stage applications.
The freedom to move around and manipulate all parameters of your mix with the free iOS and PC apps lets you dial in the perfect sound from anywhere in the venue – or the tracking room! Advanced engineering and meticulous design deliver stellar sonic performance at an extremely affordable price – changing the game once again.
MIDAS – The Legend in Sound Quality
Ever since its formation in the 1970s, MIDAS has had a long history of innovation and leadership in the world of audio mixing consoles. Employed by the most famous touring acts and installations worldwide, legendary MIDAS consoles such as the XL4 and Heritage H3000 quickly became industry standards.
MIDAS has earned their impeccable reputation due to their no-compromise approach for audio and build quality and in particular for their Award-winning Mic Preamps which are considered by industry experts as the industry’s best sounding designs. Building on this legacy, the XL8 and PRO Series of Live Mixing Systems continue this great heritage of Award-winning audio quality.
BEHRINGER is proud to incorporate MIDAS designed mic preamps for the ultimate in high-quality audio reproduction in both live and studio environments. Find out more about MIDAS’ amazing legacy by visiting their extensive website.
Built-In Tri-Mode Wifi Router
Designed for the ultimate in mobility, the XR16 comes with an integrated Wifi module for direct control of your mixer’s functions – without the need to setup and configure an external router. The XR16 gives you the freedom to focus on your mix, while allowing you to move about the venue to experience what every part of the audience is hearing. Plus you can adjust live monitor wedges from the artist’s perspective – or better yet, let them mix their own IEMs and floor monitors via their own tablets.
- Access Point is the easiest way to connect up to 4 clients directly and concurrently (i.e., iPad, Android smartphone/tablet or laptop). This mode should have your remote control up and running in less than a minute.
- Wifi Client allows you to add your mixer to the existing wireless network where the controlling apps and devices are connected.
- Alternately, wired connections can be made directly to your PC, to a local area network (LAN), or when connecting to a dedicated Wifi router, e.g., for extended range or 5 GHz applications.
USB Connectivity and Stereo Recording
The front panel USB type-A connector makes the XR16 not only an amazingly powerful digital mixing solution, but also allows recording your live stereo tracks directly to attached USB flash media or harddrives. Dial in the perfect live mix with effects and zero-latency, while sending a dedicated stereo mix to your thumb drive for recording, or play background music in a break.
Whether you’re making rock history in the studio, or you want to capture intimate live performances – it’s never been easier to record stunning tracks with exceptional clarity.
- iPad*/Android* tablet controlled 16-input digital mixer for studio and live application
- 8 award-winning MIDAS-designed, fully programmable mic preamps for audiophile sound quality
- Built-In Tri-Mode Wifi router for direct operation—no need for external routers
- Revolutionary Dugan*-style Auto-Mixing automatically manages microphone gain sharing
- USB connector for uncompressed stereo WAV recording and playback
- Award-winning X32 effects rack featuring 4 stereo FX slots including high-end simulations such as Lexicon 480L* and PCM70*, EMT250* and Quantec QRS* etc.
- 100-band Real Time Analyzer (RTA) for all channel and bus EQ's
- Rack ears and protection bumpers included for flexible rack and onstage applications
- 6 aux buses and main LR with inserts, full dynamics processing and 6-band parametric or 31-band graphic EQ
- 4 XLR aux outputs and 2 XLR main outputs plus phones connector
- 40-Bit floating-point DSP features "unlimited" dynamic range with no internal overload and near-zero overall latency
- Free iOS, Android and PC/Mac*/Linux* apps available for remote operation via Ethernet, LAN or WiFi
- MIDI In/Out allows controlling the mixer via MIDI equipment (incl. Mackie Control* protocol)
- Future firmware updates, incl. new FX “Plug Ins”, downloadable from behringer.com free of charge
- Internal switch-mode power supply for noise-free audio and low power consumption
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany
Be the first to review this product.