5150 Series Standard - Slime Green
5150™ SERIES STANDARD, MAPLE
Engineered for speed, comfort and full-throttle attitude, the reimagined 5150™ Series Standard is an iconic blast from the past that blends both throwback and modernized features.
Like its predecessor, the 5150 Standard features a modified Strat®-style basswood body with a deeper upper body curve. The graphite-reinforced bolt-on quartersawn maple neck features a comfortable modified “C” profile, hand-rubbed satin urethane back finish, heel-mount truss rod adjustment wheel and color matched “hockey stick” headstock with EVH® logo decal. Built for smooth and speedy playability, the 12”-16” compound radius maple fingerboard has 22 jumbo frets and black dot inlays.
While the famed striped original had a single humbucking bridge pickup only, the all-new 5150 is outfitted with an HH pickup configuration controlled by a three-way toggle switch on the upper bout. The custom designed EVH® Wolfgang® Alnico 2 humbucking bridge pickup delivers the perfect amount of punch and articulation with sweet sustain and thick chunky rhythms in a perfectly balanced EQ curve. The EVH Wolfgang Alnico 2 humbucker neck pickup serves up no-nonsense, balls to the wall overdrive and endless sustain without skimping on articulate cleans when the volume is rolled down. A custom designed low friction volume knob creates even-volume tapering for the smoothest volume swells, while the high friction tone knob will stay in place even if accidentally bumped. An added new feature comes in the way of a lower bout kill switch, allowing you to mute your guitar for those stutter, rhythmic effects — think “You Really Got Me.”
Decked out with a “dive-bomb” certified EVH-branded top-mount Floyd Rose® bridge, the locking tailpiece features fine tuners for each string and a patented EVH D-Tuna® for switching back and forth from drop-D to standard tuning in an instant.
A high-octane, high performance axe, the 5150 Standard boasts screaming style in a Neon Pink finish with all-chrome hardware, including the EVH-branded Gotoh® tuning machines.
HEEL-MOUNT TRUSS ROD ADJUSTMENT SPOKE WHEEL
Humidity and temperature fluctuations wreak havoc on a guitar’s neck. With the truss rod adjustment wheel placed at the heel of the neck, you (or your guitar tech) can quickly insert a 1.5 mm Allen wrench between the strings for seamless neck relief tweaks on the fly.
DIRECT MOUNT EVH WOLFGANG HUMBUCKING PICKUPS
Not all humbuckers are created equal. Direct mount EVH Wolfgang humbuckers with Alnico 2 magnets are hotter and harness Eddie’s scorching signature lead tone that captivated the world of rock ‘n’ roll in the ‘70s and ‘80s. These pickups deliver rich harmonics, cutting highs and snarling mids in spades.
VERSATILE CONTROL LAYOUT & SWITCHING
Explore the tonal landscape with the upper bout three-way toggle switch, which in position one engages the bridge pickup for robust rhythm riffing. Position two engages both pickups, while position three’s neck pickup provides a warmer tone for leads. The volume knobs houses a 500K EVH Bourns low friction pot with treble bleed circuit for seamless swells, while the tone control with 250K EVH Bourns high friction pot will stay in place even if accidentally nudged. A kill switch on the lower bout blocks the signal from the guitar to the amp, temporarily stopping noise output as long as the switch is pressed down. This feature adds an expressive stutter, rhythmic effect to performances.
- Model Name: 5150™ Series Standard, Maple Fingerboard, Slime Green
- Body: Basswood
- Body Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Body Shape: 5150®
- Control Knobs: Black Knurled with White Indicator
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Neck Finish: Hand-Rubbed Satin Urethane
- Neck Construction: Bolt-On with Graphite Reinforcement
- Neck Pickup: Direct Mount EVH® Wolfgang® Humbucking
- Side Dots: Black
- Headstock: EVH® Hockey Stick
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Configuration: HH
- String Nut: Floyd Rose® R3 Locking
- Truss Rod Wrench: 2.5 mm Hex
- Bridge Pickup: Direct Mount EVH® Wolfgang® Humbucking
- Controls: Volume (500K EVH® Bourns® Low Friction Pot) with Treble Bleed Circuit, Tone (250K EVH® Bourns® High Friction Pot)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
Pickup Configuration: HH
- Bridge: Top-Mount EVH®-Branded Floyd Rose® Locking Tremolo with EVH® D-Tuna®
- Tuning Machines: EVH®-Branded Gotoh®
- Strings: EVH® Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Included Accessories: Tremolo Arm, Hex Keys & User Manual
- Case/Gig Bag: Optional EVH® Striped Hardshell (p/n 022-6100-506); Optional EVH® Black Gig Bag (p/n 022-1512-006)
- Auxiliary Switching: Kill Switch
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Refinement Fingerboard Radius: Compound
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- Neck Material: Quartersawn Maple
- Refinement Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: EVH® Modified "C" Backshape
- Number of Frets: 22
- Nut Material: Floyd Rose® R3 Locking
- Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Truss Rod Nut: Heel-Mount Truss Rod Adjustment Wheel
- Neck Thickness: .790" at 3rd Fret & .810" at 12th Fret
Be the first to review this product.